Account Director – Corporate & Financial
We’re looking for a motivated and enthusiastic communications professional to join and grow with our Corporate & Financial practice in Toronto as an Account Director.
The ideal candidate has strong public relations experience, preferably in an agency environment, and is very comfortable working with integrated teams that deliver the full spectrum of earned, owned and paid approaches, and possesses confidence and familiarity in these areas. Account Directors at Proof own client relationships, lead programs on key accounts, manage people and play a supporting role in new business development.
- Owns client relationships, manages day-to-day activity, and provides client counsel.
- Leads the execution of integrated communications programs – and collaborates well with team members from our government relations, digital, strategy, measurement and creative teams – targeting the public, key influencers and stakeholders as well as internal audiences.
- Works with a team to research, develop and project manage strategic and tactical implementation of client programs and events.
- Leads material creation including media and influencer materials, social content, internal and corporate announcements.
- Supports new business development and plays a strong role in strategic planning and presentations.
- Manages budgeting, billing, and team utilization of assigned client accounts.
- Formally manages direct reports and provides coaching and mentoring to other members of client teams within the practice group.
- Contributes to the firm’s marketing and profile via networking, social media and other activities.
What you’ll bring:
People skills and desired attributes:
- Outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- Confident, professional, mature disposition.
- Positive, collaborative and solution-oriented.
- Proactive, self-motivated and highly reliable.
- Committed to the growth and success of him/herself and others.
- Self-aware and open-minded.
- Experience managing up reports;
- Understanding of forecasting, billing time, budgeting, team utilization;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and produce integrated strategies for clients;
- Strong command of key tactical elements of communications consulting including content marketing, public affairs, executive support, issues management, internal communications, media relations, influencer relations, stakeholder relations, social media, paid support and measurement.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
The Corporate & Financial practice serves a large roster of diverse clients. Familiarity with any of the following sectors is a plus:
- Financial services (e.g. banking, payments, insurance, investing, credit, lending, fintech)
- Professional services (e.g. accounting, law, architecture, engineering, consulting)
- B2B products and services
- Trade – and industry associations
- 10 years’ professional experience, including a minimum of two years of managing of people
- Agency experience, preferably recent
- University degree and/or relevant college certificate/diploma
- French language skills an asset
This is a work-from-home position until our Toronto office re-opens.
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.
Please send your resume and cover letter to your application to Melody Gaukel SVP firstname.lastname@example.org