Account Director – Health & Wellness
Proof Strategies is looking for a motivated, curious and enthusiastic communications professional to join and grow with our Health & Wellness practice in Toronto as an Account Director. The ideal candidate has strong public relations and marketing communications experience in the health space, preferably in an agency environment. The candidate has a track record as a senior client counselor; leads the development of and manages research-driven communications programs using earned, owned and paid approaches; manages multiple accounts; provides day-to-day strategic advice and direction to clients; builds revenue through new business development and organic growth; and manages, coaches and empowers direct reports and account teams.
- Develops a deep understanding of clients’ business and provides strategy-led, audience-first plans in collaboration with agency’s Strategy team.
- Provides team leadership throughout all stages of project planning and development to ensure that work is aligned with client’s strategic direction and delivered with excellence and to agreed deadlines and scopes.
- Brings a marketing-agnostic approach to client problems to achieve meaningful, measurable results and ensures measurement is built into every program.
- Owns, develops and leads senior client relationships, including managing day-to-day activity and providing advanced client counsel.
- Leads the execution of integrated communications programs – and collaborates well with team members from our digital, measurement and creative teams – targeting the public, key influencers and stakeholders as well as internal audiences.
- Identifies and secures new and organic business growth opportunities as part of practice’s broader new business strategy.
- Manages budgeting, billing, and team utilization of assigned client accounts.
- Formally manages direct reports and provides coaching and mentorship to other members of client teams within the practice group.
- Contributes to the firm’s marketing and profile via networking, social media and other activities.
- Contributes to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
What you’ll get (beyond a paycheque!):
- An award-winning workplace known for living The Golden Rule.
- A fun and supportive team who are invested in your success.
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking.
- Comprehensive health benefits from day one.
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent “in-office” personal and professional development events.
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s and summer long weekends.
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making.
What you’ll bring:
People skills and desired attributes:
- An empathetic, team-oriented leader who contributes to a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication.
- A developed ability to communicate clearly, actively listen, ask better questions and provide strategic counsel.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and accountable.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input.
- Committed to the growth and success of themselves and others.
- Self-aware, open-minded, and solution-oriented.
- Demonstrates good judgment for clients’ and Proof’s businesses.
- Excellent writing/editing/proofreading skills.
- Experience in earned, owned and paid approaches to communications and marketing.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research and measurement.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and produce integrated strategies for clients
- Senior-level media, influencer and stakeholder relations skills.
- Experience managing direct reports as well as “managing up” to higher levels within the organization to advance business goals.
- Understanding of agency economics and business models: forecasting, billing time, budgeting, team utilization.
- Strong command of key communications consulting areas with the health field including pharmaceutical brand and corporate, consumer health and wellness and issues management.
- Understanding of the regulations governing direct to consumer and physician communications (PAAB, ASC).
- College or university degree or equivalent.
- 8-10 years working in public relations, ideally including agency experience.
- Knowledge of industry trends, health sector trends and current affairs.
- English-French bilingual preferred but not required.
This is a work-from-home position until our Toronto office re-opens.
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.