Account Director (USA Operations)APPLY NOW
The Account Director leads the development of and manages research-driven communications programs using earned, owned, and paid approaches; manages multiple accounts; provides day-to-day strategic advice and direction to clients; builds revenue through new business development and organic growth; and manages, coaches, and empowers direct reports and account teams.
- Leads the execution of integrated communications programs – and collaborates well with team members from our digital, measurement and creative teams – targeting the public, key influencers, and stakeholders as well as internal audiences.
- Develops a deep understanding of clients’ business and provides strategy-led, audience-first plans in collaboration with colleagues.
- Provides team leadership throughout all stages of project planning and development to ensure that work is aligned with client’s strategic direction and delivered with excellence and to agreed deadlines and scopes.
- Operates as an independent leader, providing leadership to direct reports and clients, coaching and mentoring team members, and accounts while working in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Brings a marketing-agnostic approach to client problems to achieve meaningful, measurable results and ensures measurement is built into every program.
- Owns, develops, and leads senior client relationships, including managing day-to-day activity and providing advanced client counsel.
- Identifies and secures new and organic business growth opportunities as part of practice’s broader new business strategy.
- Manages budgeting, billing, and team utilization of assigned client accounts.
- Contributes to the firm’s marketing and profile via networking, social media, and other activities.
- Contribute to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Carry out all other reasonable duties assigned by the company.
What you’ll bring:
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of post-secondary education in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience at an agency, public affairs or in-house communications role with a minimum of 1-2 years’ leadership experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in earned, owned, and paid approaches to communications and marketing.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research and measurement.
- Knowledge of industry trends and current affairs.
- Proficiency with multiple languages is considered an asset.
- Leadership: an empathetic leader who contributes to a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support, and open communication; confident when managing direct reports and when “managing up” to higher levels within the organization to advance business goals; committed to the growth and success of themselves and others including mentorship of peers.
- Curiosity: has a demonstrated passion for learning and growth in familiar and new areas.
- Communication: a developed ability to communicate clearly, actively listen, ask better questions, and provide strategic counsel; utilizes excellent interpersonal, written, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills for a variety of assignments.
- Empathy: operates with self-awareness and professionalism, while following the Platinum Rule (treating others the way they would like to be treated).
- Collaboration + Feedback: seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input when it’s received.; Highly collaborative working well with those within their practice area and across the entire business.
- Autonomy + Prioritization: proactive, self-motivated, and accountable; own and rectify mistakes, and share learning.
- Problem Solving + Judgment: resourceful, solution-oriented, and demonstrates good judgment for clients’ and Proof Strategies’ businesses.
- Planning + Organizing: ability to manage a multitude of tasks and clients and manage time and deadlines appropriately; highly organized with strong attention to detail and responsiveness to stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills (both internal and external audiences).
- Demonstrated ability to plan and produce integrated strategies for clients.
- Senior-level media, influencer, and stakeholder relations skills.
- Understanding of agency economics and business models: forecasting, billing time, budgeting, team utilization.
- Understanding of key tactical elements of communications consulting including content marketing, public affairs, executive support, issues management, internal communications, media relations, influencer relations, stakeholder relations, social media, paid support and measurement.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently engage in networking activities to foster strong relationships with external parties and drive business performance.
Work Hours and Work Environment
Employees are entrusted to work a schedule that ensures their responsibilities are successfully carried out and that they are reachable by internal and external stakeholders. Although a set schedule / work location is not mandated by the company, there may be occasions when the company requires employees to attend events at a specific location, such as the office. Full-time hours are typically performed during the business’ hours of operations, which are Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, arrangements outside of this will be discussed and pre-authorized by your direct manager. Operation of a computer keyboard and mouse / trackpad will be required daily.
Remote but located in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates located in the Boston, Massachusetts or Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.