Account Executive (USA Operations)APPLY NOW
The Account Executive provides day-to-day support across the account teams and supports the management of small client projects. This includes managing media and influencer relations programs, supporting social media campaigns, creating content, conducting research, administrative support and contributing to client calls and brainstorming.
- Managing media relations programs, including story development, pitching, and developing journalist relationships.
- Managing influencer relations programs, including research and identification, negotiations, message development and ongoing management.
- Support social media campaigns.
- Content production for various purposes, including blogs, news releases, media advisories, presentations, whitepapers, and social content.
- Conducting research and insight gathering for clients and new business projects.
- Leverage the use of monitoring tools to support strategic initiatives and better understand our clients.
- Support with slide development and memos for client planning.
- Contributing to client calls and brainstorming meetings.
- Contributes to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Carry out all other reasonable duties assigned by the company.
What you’ll bring:
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of post-secondary education in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional communications or public affairs experience is required.
- Digitally literate, with proficiency in using digital/social media platforms and tools for business, (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, Google, etc.)
- Strong understanding of new and emerging social media tools.
- Has an intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams etc.)
- Working proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with media, influencers, and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with multiple languages is considered an asset.
- Autonomy + Prioritization: uses one’s own initiative to carry out their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Curiosity: has a demonstrated passion for learning and growth in familiar and new areas.
- Communication: utilizes excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration + Feedback: is a team player whether working remotely or in the office; seeks feedback from others and responds well to constructive input when it’s received.
- Empathy: operates with self-awareness and professionalism, while following the Platinum Rule (treating others the way they would like to be treated).
- Technical: a willingness to leverage available technology and tools to effectively carry out tasks.
- Problem Solving + Judgment: theability to use good judgement, be resourceful, and effectively solve problems.
- Planning + Organizing: highly organized, with a strong attention to detail, and responsiveness to stakeholders; Strong project management skills, with an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities.
Work Hours and Work Environment
Employees are entrusted to work a schedule that ensures their responsibilities are successfully carried out and that they are reachable by internal and external stakeholders. Although a set schedule / work location is not mandated by the company, there may be occasions when the company requires employees to attend events at a specific location, such as the office. Full-time hours are typically performed during the business’ hours of operations, which are Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm, arrangements outside of this will be discussed and pre-authorized by your direct manager. Operation of a computer keyboard and mouse / trackpad will be required daily.
Remote but located in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates located in the Boston, Massachusetts or Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.