Account Manager (USA Operations)APPLY NOW
The Account Manager leads and manages mid-sized accounts and provides day-to-day strategic advice and direction to clients with the support of senior team members as needed.
- Plan development, implementation, and account management including managing and tracking budgets.
- Has an ability to develop creative non-traditional, integrated communications programs while keeping client business objectives in mind.
- Leads account teams on mid-sized accounts along or in collaboration with a senior colleague (e.g., work allocation and delegation, determining roles and responsibilities, etc.) and delivers quality service.
- Delegating, providing support and constructive feedback to Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives.
- Understands client’s business and competitive landscape.
- Anticipates key issues and needs of clients; in partnership with senior support, provides counsel to client.
- Supports issues management work through activities such as messaging, materials development, etc.
- Develops measurable goals for each campaign, generates on-strategy results, the measurement of these results, and analysis on how best to move forward.
- Builds and fosters relationships with key partners including clients, influencers, media, and stakeholders.
- Ensures senior management understands client satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
- Identifies new and organic growth opportunities as part of the practice’s broader new business strategy.
- Contribute to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Carry out all other reasonable duties assigned by the company.
What you’ll bring:
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of post-secondary education in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 5-8 years working in public relations, ideally including agency experience, in-house communications or public affairs roles.
- Knowledge of industry trends and current affairs.
- Experience in earned, owned, and paid approaches to communications and marketing.
- Proficiency with multiple languages is considered an asset.
- Leadership: an empathetic leader who contributes to a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support, and open communication; confident when “managing up” to higher levels within the organization; committed to the growth and success of themselves and others.
- Empathy: operates with self-awareness and professionalism, while following the Platinum Rule (treating others the way they would like to be treated).
- Collaboration + Feedback: seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input when it’s received.
- Curiosity: has a demonstrated passion for learning and growth in familiar and new areas.
- Communication: a developed ability to communicate clearly, actively listen, ask better questions, and provide strategic counsel; utilizes excellent interpersonal, written, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills for a variety of assignments.
- Planning + Organizing: ability to manage a multitude of tasks and clients and manage time and deadlines appropriately; highly organized with strong attention to detail and responsiveness to stakeholders.
- Problem Solving + Judgment: resourceful, solution-oriented, and demonstrates good judgment for clients’ and Proof Strategies’ businesses.
- Autonomy + Prioritization: proactive, self-motivated, and accountable.
- Technical: strategic social media thinking and skills (e.g., online listening and analysis, content development, engagement, etc.); solid proposal development and presentation skills.
Work Hours and Work Environment
Employees are entrusted to work a schedule that ensures their responsibilities are successfully carried out and that they are reachable by internal and external stakeholders. Although a set schedule / work location is not mandated by the company, there may be occasions when the company requires employees to attend events at a specific location, such as the office. Full-time hours are typically performed during the business’ hours of operations, which are Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm, arrangements outside of this will be discussed and pre-authorized by your direct manager. Operation of a computer keyboard and mouse / trackpad will be required daily.
Remote but located in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates located in the Boston, Massachusetts or Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.