Account Manager (USA Operations)APPLY NOW
Competitive Salary, Sustainability-focused – Boston, Massachusetts / Washington, D.C. (Hybrid)
Are you skilled at managing client relationships and driving the success of their strategic communications goals? Do you thrive when coordinating complex projects and communicating effectively across various teams? Are you passionate about supporting clients focused on sustainability? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Proof Strategies, a leading public relations and communications agency, is seeking an Account Manager to join our dynamic team and support exciting, sustainability-focused, purpose-driven clients. In this role, you will lead and manage mid-sized accounts, providing strategic advice and direction to clients with the support of senior team members as needed.
This position is almost entirely remote, but candidates must be located in the U.S. Strong preference will be given to candidates located in the Boston, Massachusetts or Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas as there are some in-person meetings required.
- Leading account teams on mid-sized accounts along or in collaboration with a senior colleague (e.g., work allocation and delegation, determining roles and responsibilities, etc.) and delivering quality service.
- Developing and leading the execution of integrated strategic communications plans. This includes earned, owned, and paid media strategies.
- Managing client accounts, including managing and tracking budgets.
- Delegating, providing support and constructive feedback to Account Executives and Assistant Account Executives.
- Anticipating key issues and needs of clients; in partnership with senior support, providing counsel to clients.
- Developing measurable goals for each campaign, generating on-strategy results, measuring these results, and providing analysis on how best to move forward.
- Building and fostering relationships with key partners including clients, influencers, media, and stakeholders.
- Identifying new and organic growth opportunities as part of the practice’s broader new business strategy.
What you’ll bring:
- Between 5-8 years of communications experience in a public relations agency, providing in-house communications, working on political or issue advocacy campaigns, or in a public affairs or stakeholder engagement role. Experience could include working for a PR/marketing agency, on Capitol Hill or political campaigns, or with an issue advocacy organization or think tank.
- Designing and implementing stakeholder engagement campaigns that unite people behind a common mission to drive positive community change.
- Experience with earned, owned, and paid media campaigns. This includes extensive experience with strategy and implementation and relationships with key reporters and news outlets.
- Knowledge of industry trends and current affairs. Preference will be given to candidates with communications experience related to energy issues and specifically renewable or green energy.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Completion of post-secondary education in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field is considered an asset.
Join us in this exciting role where you can make a significant impact. Apply today to be part of our team!
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.