Location: 900-33 Bloor Street East, Toronto, with a hybrid work model. Some office time is expected.
Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Extended hours may be required at certain times.
Proof Strategies Inc. (Proof) is an award-winning Great Places to Work® workplace overall and for women, inclusivity, youth, and mental health. We follow The Platinum Rule: to treat others as they would wish to be treated. As a Canadian, independent-owned company, we make decisions locally based on what is best for our employees and clients.
Proof is seeking a contract, full-time Accounting Supervisor to join the company’s finance and accounting department.
The finance and accounting team comprises a blend of 8 full- and part-time employees. The department supports the Toronto, Ottawa and Washington, DC offices of Proof. Proof is a public relations and communications firm that operates using a professional services model with over 100 clients billed hourly, together with out of pocket expenses. The department handles accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, benefits administration, report generation and all government tax remittances. We are also looking to improve analysis and accelerate the identification of trends and opportunities to improve profitability. This position will report to the Accounting Administrator who leads the department, and is intended to evolve into a permanent, more senior position as a deputy.
- Accounts Receivable collections
- Client invoicing (QuickBooks)
- Benefits onboarding with new employees
- Back up payroll capabilities
- Reporting and analysis for management
- Management of staff (potentially)
What You’ll Bring:
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years bookkeeping experience
- Accounts Receivable experience
- Total proficiency using the QuickBooks platform
- Total proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in teams
- Experience supervising or managing staff
- Strong command of the English language (spoken and written)
- Accounting or Bookkeeping degree or certificate (preferred)
- Experience working in a professional services environment (i.e. hourly billing) and familiarity with time and attendance software is benefit.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Proven initiative.
- Diplomatic and flexible.
- Highly collaborative and hands-on.
Proof is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We believe that actions speak louder than words. Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability have been at the core of the Proof’s business operations since our founding in 1994. We have been Carbon Neutral since 2008 and in 2022, we are a Certified Caring Company by Imagine Canada for our philanthropy and community support. We encourage green commuting and provide employees with cash incentives for the purchase of bicycles and hybrid vehicles. To learn more, check out our Corporate Social Responsibility report.
Our leaders and all team members follow the values that make us strong, and support how we grow and how you grow: Excellence, Empathy, Curiosity, Innovation, Inclusive and Integrity.
At Proof we take care of people, and we teach and challenge you to be better, smarter, and more trusted by clients.
If you like what you read, let’s talk!