Associate Creative Director, Copywriter
Born from earned, Proof Strategies is on a mission to modernize how brands influence perception and drive action; by earning audience’s attention, and hearts, through compelling experiences.
We can’t do this without a forward-thinking Associate Creative Director, Copywriter to set the vision, build a creative team and lead exceptional work. This is an opportunity to build something unique within an established PR and communications agency.
Creative is integral to our mission – connecting a brand promise to an audience truth and current culture to shift audience perception and behaviour. Our mission is to be the trusted voice to marketers and the C-Suite on how to unify their marketing and communications.
Proof Strategies is Canada’s leading independent PR and communications agency. What sets us apart is our audience-first philosophy (we know Canadians best), our accountability to results, and our expertise in communications consulting and exceptional delivery.
We lead with smart thinking, not ego. Our people are curious, diverse thinkers and collaborators. We are driven to ask better questions of ourselves and our clients because they lead to better ideas and solutions.
- Entrepreneurial and creative: Always leading the industry with innovation and excellence
- Respectful: With each other and to our partners and clients
- Inclusive: Proof offers an open and inclusive workplace where everyone can feel safe, comfortable, and express themselves
- Driven and responsive: Never complacent, always exceeding expectations, and committed to great service.
- Collaborative and fun: Our greatest successes come when everyone works together
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
The role in a nutshell
- Deliver creative that meets the brief and our clients marketing and business objectives
- Implement strategy and direction and provide copy expertise
- Set and communicate the vision for creative team and its growth plan
- Develop creative concepts with Senior Art Director partner
- Manage the creative development process from concept to production, with supporting creative resources, to ensure we deliver on time and on scope
- Ensure quality of deliverables and implementation of work, profitably
- Participate in client presentations to sell through ideas
- Participate in new business efforts, especially as this group is focused on growth
- Work with the Creative Production Manager to select and assign resources as necessary
- Work on internal creative assignments to support Proof’s marketing and promotion
- Professionally represent the agency in interaction with clients, staff, outside vendors and other contacts
What you bring to the table
We want a forward-thinking leader that is committed to delivering exceptional experiences that earns attention.
- You understand how to create ideas that earn attention, helping to position PR and communications as a strategic advantage to marketers
- Demonstrated ability in delivering creative that shifts perception and behaviour
- Delivers media-neutral concepts to support consistent delivery across Proof’s capabilities in digital, social media, performance marketing, XM, media relations, influencer relations, public affairs, and internal communications
- Progressive knowledge of digital platforms and engagement
- Strategic creative is our focus, and you can deliver big ideas that solve problems for our audiences and our clients’ business
- Highly collaborative: This role will support the entire agency, including PR, communications and marketing mandates
- Mentorship: As the creative team will be growing, we need to develop our people in positive ways, while building their skills and creating opportunities for growth
- Empathetic: In how you approach creative challenges and working with colleagues and clients. We all have an important role to play, and we all need to respect one another
- 8-10+ years of experience
- Evidence of creative ability/talent (e.g. portfolio)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent management skills and strong leadership potential
Bonus if you have
- Experience in public relations and communications, specifically as it relates to building thought leadership, developing editorial-focused content, defining communication narratives, and understanding how to generate PR with big ideas
- Experience in complex sectors. For instance, Pharma, regulatory environments, corporate clients
- English and French are an asset
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- An award-winning, inclusive workplace known for living The Platinum Rule
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making