Hi! We’re looking for a motivated, curious and enthusiastic communications professional to join our ConsumerTech practice in Toronto as a Consultant. The ideal candidate has 3-4 years public relations and communications experience, preferably in an agency environment. ConsumerTech communications experience in a range of sectors, including lifestyle/wellness, food and beverage, B2B and/or B2C tech, would be an asset, but we are open to candidates with diverse experiences and transferrable skills to join our practice group in Toronto.
If you like storytelling, solving client communication challenges, are driven by results, building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and collaborating with colleagues, then you will fit right in. A Consultant is an integral part of the Proof team, providing day-to-day account support to a variety of clients in multiple sectors.
We promise a stimulating experience in a diverse, unique agency environment, with exciting clients, where learning and professional growth are priorities and where your contributions and ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
- Managing media relations programs, including story development, pitching, and developing journalist relationships
- Managing stakeholder relations programs including speakers’ bureaus, awards programs, and content sharing
- Developing influencer programs and brand partnerships
- Event planning and support
- Content production for various purposes, including blogs, news releases, media advisories, presentations, whitepapers, and social content
- Proficiency with using digital/social media platforms and tools for business, such Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn; strong understanding of new and emerging social media tools
- Conduct research and insights gathering for client and new business projects. This could range from stakeholder identification to sector insights
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-4 years of professional communications experience, ideally with an emphasis on consumer and lifestyle communications
- Proven ability to develop relationships with client, media, influencers and stakeholders
- Ability to work in team environment
- Demonstrated passion for learning and growth in new areas
- Strong writing skills with voracious appetite for news, trends, and love of pop culture
- Strong project management skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities, manage the day-to-day execution of programs
- Education in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field and/or a post-graduate certificate in public relations is considered an asset
What We Offer:
Proof Strategies is an award-winning Great Places to Work® workplace overall and for women, inclusivity, youth, and mental health and one known for living The Platinum Rule: To treat others as they would wish to be treated. As a Canadian, independently owned company, we make decisions locally based on what is best for our employees and clients.
- Competitive salary
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and results
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- An annual Nature Day, away from work to spend time enjoying nature
- An annual Volunteer Day to spend supporting a charity of your choice
- Milestone anniversaries trip rewards for full-time employees at the 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20- and 25-year mark (because yes, people stay with us this long)
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process.
We look forward to talking with you and thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.