Consultant, Corporate & Financial
We’re looking for a passionate communications professional with 3-4 years of relevant experience in either an agency or corporate environment. Corporate communications experience in a range of sectors including finance, tech and professional services on the B2B side would be an asset but we’re open to candidates with diverse experiences and transferrable skills to join our growing Corporate & Financial practice group in Toronto.
If you like storytelling, solving client communication challenges, are driven by results, building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and collaborating with colleagues, then you will fit right in. A Consultant is an integral part of the Proof team, providing day-to-day account support to a variety of clients in multiple sectors.
We promise a stimulating experience in a diverse, unique agency environment, where learning and professional growth are priorities and where your contributions and ideas are welcomed and encouraged.
- Managing media relations programs, including story development, pitching and developing journalist relationships.
- Managing stakeholder relations programs including speakers bureaus, awards programs, and content sharing.
- Content production for various purposes, including blogs, news releases, media advisories, presentations, whitepapers, and social content.
- Proficiency with using digital/social media platforms and tools for business, such Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and LinkedIn; strong understanding of new and emerging social media tools.
- Conduct research and insights gathering for client and new business projects. This could range from stakeholder identification to sector insights.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3-4 years of professional communications experience, ideally with an emphasis on corporate communications and B2B, financial or technology communications.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with media, influencers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for learning and growth in new areas.
- Strong project management skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities, manage the day-to-day execution of programs.
- Education in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field and/or a post-graduate certificate in public relations is considered an asset.
What We Offer:
Proof Strategies is an award-winning Great Places to Work® workplace overall and for women, inclusivity, youth, and mental health and one known for living The Platinum Rule: to treat others as they would wish to be treated. As a Canadian, independently owned company, we make decisions locally based on what is best for our employees and clients.
- Competitive salary
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and results
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- An annual Nature Day, away from work to spend time enjoying nature
- An annual Volunteer Day to spend supporting a charity of your choice
- Milestone anniversaries trip rewards for full-time employees at the 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20- and 25-year mark (because yes, people stay with us this long)
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.