Consultant, Public Affairs & Government RelationsAPPLY NOW
We’re hiring! Proof Strategies is seeking a motivated candidate to join our Public Affairs & Government Relations practice as our newest Consultant. Proof is a hybrid work environment and this role can be located in Toronto or Ottawa.
If you like learning new things, being part of a dynamic team and working a wide range of subjects this role is for you. The ideal candidate has experience in government and understands how policy is formed, influenced and implemented.
We promise a stimulating experience in a diverse, unique agency environment, where learning and professional growth are a priority and where your contributions and ideas are welcomed and appreciated.
- Work collaboratively with teammates in handling day-to-day client government relations & public affairs business
- Prepare written materials, such as policy analyses, briefing notes, and summaries of annual budgets
- Conduct media outreach and engagement
- Develop advocacy and communications materials
- Measure the effectiveness of client activities
- Support stakeholder relations through research, outreach and tracking
- Support business development efforts with research, slide development
- Assist in producing and managing client events and program, including on-site coordination at client events
- Contribute to client management through project management, participation in client meetings, planning, budgeting and more.
- Support the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Carry out all other reasonable duties assigned by the company.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong written communications skills are essential.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with legislators and their staff, bureaucrats, the media, and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated passion for learning and growth in new areas.
- Ability to learn new technology platforms, in addition to strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms.
- Strong project management skills, with an eye for detail and an ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and competing priorities, manage the day-to-day execution of programs.
- Education in communications, politics, public policy, journalism or a related field is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of professional experience is required
- Bilingualism and previous experience in government and election campaigns are also considered assets.
What you’ll get (besides a paycheque!)
- An award-winning workplace known for living the Platinum Rule.
- A workplace committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking.
- Comprehensive health benefits from day one.
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events.
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making.
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust, and having fun is the best path to a successful communications agency. Three decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.