Director of Digital Advocacy & Campaigns
Work with Proof Strategies as we harness the power of the digital world to create change and move opinions. This role will be responsible for leading digital advocacy and campaigns with a key emphasis on activations for corporate, coalition, and advocacy clients.
Our Director of Digital Advocacy and Campaigns will work closely with our public affairs, government relations, creative and account services teams with a focus on both developing innovative digital strategies and executing them.
Proof Strategies is Canada’s leading independent PR and communications agency. What sets us apart is our audience-first philosophy (we know Canadians best), our accountability to results, and our expertise in communications consulting and exceptional delivery.
We lead with smart thinking, not ego. Our people are curious, diverse thinkers and collaborators. We are driven to ask better questions of ourselves and our clients because they lead to better solutions and outcomes.
- Entrepreneurial and creative: Always leading the industry with innovation and excellence
- Respectful: With each other and to our partners and clients
- Inclusive: Proof offers an open and inclusive workplace where everyone can feel safe, comfortable, and express themselves
- Driven and responsive: Never complacent, always exceeding expectations, and committed to great service
- Collaborative and fun: Our greatest successes come when everyone works together
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
The role in a nutshell:
We are looking for an innovative, digital-first thinker who can be effective when working both independently and collaboratively.
You understand how to create messages that resonate and motivate audiences to get behind a cause – then act and amplify it on the right channels. You know how, when and where to reach the most influential voices who can turn a moment into a movement, changing opinions and impacting decision-making.
- Designs, executes, measures and optimizes digital campaigns that build trust for the high profile organizations and companies Proof Strategies represents
- Provides counsel to clients on digital advocacy and voter/member mobilization
- Prepares client documents, budgets, SOWs, project plans and progress and wrap reports
- Works with public affairs, government relations and other account teams to identify and develop digital advocacy opportunities for existing and new clients
- Cross-collaborates with other digital experts and colleagues across Proof Strategies teams to build our agency-wide digital IQ
- Participates in agency thought leadership and marketing promotion
What you bring to the table:
- Strong familiarity with online influencers across sectors
- Deep understanding of the latest online behavior trends, current social and digital media landscape and emerging technology
- Tactical experience with planning, creating and managing digital advocacy campaigns
- Solid understanding of public affairs and how it intersects with digital
- Experience with tracking and analyzing online conversations and identifying influencers
- Experience with issues management and crisis communications
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Strong strategic thinking and planning ability
- Exceptional written and oral communications abilities, including presentation skills
- Asks better questions, and actively listens
- Highly collaborative. This role will support the entire agency, including PR, strategy, creative, marketing teams
- Empathetic: in how you approach problem solving, working with colleagues and clients
- Solutions-oriented: you like identifying solutions to challenges
- Minimum 6-8 years of integrated digital advocacy/public relations experience, preferably in an agency environment (political experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated success with digital advocacy and digital/social media techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior client facing presentation skills
- Excellent management skills and strong leadership potential
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- An award-winning, inclusive workplace known for living The Platinum Rule: to treat others as they would wish to be treated
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making
No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.