Director, People Performance & Culture
Proof Strategies is established as a great place to work, learn, and advance. The Director, People Performance & Culture’s mandate is to build and enhance this track record, and help the company evolve as workplaces change. Our goals are to foster trust, collaboration, and performance with continuous professional development. People should be proud to work at Proof Strategies and see a path on our team for many years.
The person in this role will design and deliver high impact programs and systems in-line with Proof’s business and culture objectives to support team growth. The Director, People Performance & Culture will oversee and manage the creation of a One-Proof standard when it comes to employee performance and management, career planning, and skills training, all within the firm’s culture of respect, curiosity, innovation, and inclusion.
This role requires innovation and vision and will report into the EVP of Innovation and Growth at Proof Strategies in the Toronto office.
Performance Management and Professional Development
• Propose and manage a system to enable better and more consistent people development, performance, engagement and management.
• Design Proof training programs for leadership and employees across teams and levels including performance coaching and feedback delivery.
• Help coach managers and employees on performance management and people and team development activities to facilitate positive team dynamics and increase our ability to deliver business results.
• Build the leadership capacity of our leaders across Proof Strategies Canada by ensuring leaders are invested in people development and equipped with the resources, skills and mindsets to effectively manage and develop their teams.
• Guide and support regular employee review processes within a new performance management system.
People Engagement and Employee Relations
• Conduct / facilitate the orientation (above Account Coordinator-level) of new colleagues related to performance management as well as offboarding and exit interviews. Make suggestions for where we can improve, taking learnings and insights from interviews into account.
• Develop the plan and lead the execution of a talent engagement strategy for the organization that is aligned to our values and EDI initiatives and one that maximizes the impact of our team members, working with our senior leader of EDI as necessary.
• Review, recommend and implement compensation strategies to ensure Proof Strategies stays competitive in the market, retains and motivates its top talent and provides fair and equitable compensation for staff.
• Work with management in interpreting and developing action plans based upon the annual Great Places to Work survey results.
• Help develop and manage quarterly employee engagement pulse survey creation, analysis, results presentation, and action planning based on the results.
• Consult with the Director, Office & Commercial Services, as needed on workplace legislation and compliance questions.
• Suggest and build innovative programs and tools that drive employee engagement in authentic ways.
• Effectively coach executive and senior leadership in matters relating to people to drive high performance and motivate all employees.
• Work with Proof Strategies senior team to contribute to a strong One Proof culture and collaboration across Proof Strategies Canada.
• Participate in regular company-wide and relevant senior management meetings and discussions to review challenges and opportunities for further success.
• Partner with senior management to anticipate and identify future people and performance-oriented issues to ensure the people strategies are consistent with the current and future needs of the business.
• Influence and coach leadership and management on people decisions (staffing, development, employee relations).
• Ensure equitable treatment of all employees within a business context.
What you’ll get (beyond a paycheque!):
• An award-winning workplace known for living the Platinum Rule.
• A workplace committed to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking.
• Comprehensive health benefits from day one.
• Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events.
• Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s.
• Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making.
What you’ll bring:
People and business skills and desired personal attributes:
• An entrepreneurial, self-starter mindset.
• Excellent team player – whether working in-office or remotely.
• Treats colleagues well and in keeping with how they would like to be treated.
• Solid communication and influencing skills.
• Intellectually curious with a growth-mindset.
• Ability to create a robust plan and execute flexibly based on the evolving needs of the business/teams.
• Solutions-oriented when faced with challenges, with a continuous improvement mindset.
• Effective problem solver with the ability to balance and prioritize people and business objectives and make informed decisions.
• Organized, attentive to details, and able to juggle multiple tasks with competitive deadlines.
• Strong self-awareness. Seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input.
• Sustains a professional, collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication.
• 8 + years of professional experience; experience within professional services agencies including public relations, communications or marketing is a must.
• Team resource experience for a professional services firm; understanding of professional service agency models, project planning and process.
• Post-secondary education preferred with a focus in Human Resources, Business or similar discipline is an asset.
• Must be able to lead communications in various settings, including meetings, through document development, emails, online postings and in presentations.
• Proficiency working in MS Office – Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – and experience with performance management software is an asset.
• Bilingualism is considered a strong asset.
This is a work-from-home position until our offices re-open.
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust, and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.