Proof Strategies is looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Creative team. This is a newly created role and is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a group of strategic, curious, innovative, and kind human beings. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Sr Art Director to support the creative and video team with day-to-day design tasks in a wide variety of disciplines and channels, including public relations and communications campaigns, promotional materials, corporate collateral materials, brand development, advertising, e-mail blasts, and web design. You will support on all internal design needs as well.
- Participate in creative briefings with agency teams
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues to acquire additional information, clarify issues and solve problems
- Conceptualize, craft, prepare and roll out creative for traditional and digital assets, including OOH, signage, brochures, banners, social media posts, website layout, infographics, emails, packaging, presentations, digital screens, etc.
- Build and design PowerPoint templates; editable Word templates may be required
- Provide photo retouching and basic video editing as needed.
- Contribute to researching clients, their competitors, industry and design trends
- Meet timelines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and communicate proactively and effectively with manager to prioritize workload.
- Strong production experience to quickly and accurately lay out creative in print and digital
- Present your work with confidence, with the flexibility to accept constructive criticism and meet client expectations
- Take direction from your Art Director, but also bring forward your own ideas and recommendations
- Support to Director of Production on various tasks as needed
- Professionally represent the agency in interaction with clients, staff, outside vendors and other contacts
- Contribute to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of industry experience with a versatile portfolio of work (please send us yours!)
- A proven understanding of design and typography principles
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Intermediate knowledge of email and UI design (Sketch, Figma)
- Comfortable designing and formatting in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of digital design process and best practices, including image optimization, responsive design, accessibility (AODA compliance)
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge considered an asset
- College diploma or degree in Graphic Design
- RGD designation is an asset
- Agency experience is an asset
What We Offer
Proof Strategies is an award-winning Great Places to Work® workplace overall and for women, inclusivity, youth, and mental health and one known for living The Platinum Rule: to treat others as they would wish to be treated. As a Canadian, independent owned company, we make decisions locally based on what is best for our employees and clients.
- Competitive salary.
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and results.
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One.
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events.
- An annual Nature Day, away from work to spend time enjoying nature.
- An annual Volunteer Day to spend supporting a charity of your choice.
- Milestone anniversaries trip rewards for full-time employees at the 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20- and 25-year mark (because yes, people stay with us this long).
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.