Proof Strategies and Proof Experiences are looking for a talented Graphic Designer with 3+ years’ experience to join our Creative Services team in Toronto. We are looking for someone with a versatile portfolio in print and digital, strong design sense and a drive to learn and succeed as part of a growing Creative Services team.
The work Proof Strategies and Proof Experiences produce covers a wide variety of disciplines that include public relations and communications campaigns, experiential marketing, conferences and events, promotional materials, corporate collateral materials, brand development, advertising, e-mail blasts, and web design, all across traditional and digital platforms.
The successful candidate will report to our Creative Production Managers at both companies, with a dual-reporting structure. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right individual with exposure to a wide variety of projects in the public relations, communications and marketing space.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize, craft, prepare and roll out creative for traditional and digital assets, including OOH, signage, brochures, banners, vehicle wraps, social media posts, website layout, infographics, emails, packaging, POS, presentations, digital screens, etc.
- Build PowerPoint templates and design; editable Word templates may be required
- Provide photo retouching and basic video editing as needed.
- Contribute to researching clients, their competitors, industry and design trends
- Meet timelines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and communicate proactively and effectively with managers to prioritize workload
- Create exceptional work, on time, on budget
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues to acquire additional information, clarify issues and solve problems
- Present your work with confidence, with the flexibility to accept constructive criticism and meet client expectations
- Take direction from your Art Director, but also bring forward your own ideas and recommendations
Who you are:
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and you thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- You’re an agile and innovative individual who can manage an environment of change and ambiguity
- You work well independently, especially given our current virtual environment
- Creative thinker who takes initiative, with a positive and collaborative approach to work
- Professional, with a good sense of humour.
- Detail oriented, proactive and ‘take ownership’ attitude. You take pride in your work and are passionate about your craft.
- Care deeply about your work, clients, co-workers, working environment and your files!
- Resilient: able to take direction and feedback well with a positive attitude and offer alternative solutions
What you’ve done:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of industry experience with a versatile portfolio of work (please send us yours!)
- A proven understanding of design and typography principles
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Comfortable designing and formatting in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint)
- Strong production experience to quickly and accurately lay out creative in print and digital
- Knowledge of digital design process and best practices, including image optimization, responsive design; basic HTML and CSS, and UX/UI design considered an asset
- Ability to pick up a job at any point from brief to archive
- Strong typesetting skills and written content management
- Experience and understanding of an agency structure is an asset
- College diploma or degree in Graphic Design
If you have a strong sense of design, are collaborative, versatile, and eager to take on new challenges, we want to hear from you.
Please note this position includes a 6-month probationary period.
About the Proof family of companies:
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Experiences is committed to designing and executing insights-led and measurement-based brand experiences that deliver results. We strongly believe our people are the drivers of our success and we work hard every day to create an inspiring and engaging work culture. We have a reputation for fostering professional development, collaboration and pride in everything we do.
Founded in 1994 and now with over 300 awards for client work and industry leadership, the independently owned Proof family of companies (Proof Strategies and Proof Experiences Inc.) have more than 200 team members in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, and Washington, DC.
Follow Proof Inc. at getproof.com and on Twitter & Instagram at @get_proof.
Follow Proof Experiences at proofexperiences.com and on Instagram & Facebook at @proofexperiences.
Proof is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
How to apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, portfolio and salary expectations to email@example.com to apply.
No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Proof.