Proof Strategies is looking for an Intermediate Copywriter to join our Creative team. This is a newly created role and is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a group of strategic, curious, innovative, and kind human beings. The Copywriter will work closely with the ACD to support the creative and video teams with day-to-day design tasks in a wide variety of disciplines and channels, including public relations and communications campaigns, promotional materials, corporate collateral materials, brand development, advertising, email, and web design. You will support all internal copywriting needs as necessary.
- Create compelling ad copy, landing pages, and marketing campaign content
- Collaborate with other members of the creative team, including Art Directors, Designers, and Production
- Define key messages and brand voice for external communications
- Work with strategy and digital teams to ensure messaging is consistent across client marketing and communication touchpoints
- Participate in creative briefings with agency teams and collaborate with colleagues to acquire additional information, clarify issues and solve problems
- Conduct research to understand clients, their competitors, and industry trends
- Present your work with confidence, with the flexibility to accept constructive criticism and meet client expectations
- Take direction from the ACD Copywriter but also bring forward your own ideas and recommendations
- Support to Director of Production on various tasks as needed
- Professionally represent the agency in interaction with clients, staff, outside vendors and other contacts
- Contribute to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in advertising, marketing, communications and/or digital media.
- A strong desire to do brand-building, product/service-selling, and award-winning work, applying an audience-first approach
- Strong editorial, proofreading, and writing skills
- Familiarity with keyword research and experience with SEO copywriting best practices
- Experience with social media and content marketing
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Passion for writing with an excellent portfolio of work
- Agency experience is an asset
What We Offer
Proof Strategies is an award-winning Great Places to Work® workplace overall and for women, inclusivity, youth, and mental health and one known for living The Platinum Rule: to treat others as they would wish to be treated. As a Canadian, independently owned company, we make decisions locally based on what is best for our employees and clients.
- Competitive salary
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and results
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- An annual Nature Day, away from work to spend time enjoying nature
- An annual Volunteer Day to spend supporting a charity of your choice
- Milestone anniversaries trip rewards for full-time employees at the 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20- and 25-year mark (because yes, people stay with us this long)
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures during the winter holiday
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.
Please include a link to your portfolio within your application.