Paid Remote Fellowship (U.S. Residents Only)APPLY NOW
Proof Strategies is a public relations (PR) and communications firm with our U.S. operations based in Washington, D.C. that works with value-driven organizations and leaders who aspire to create positive change. As an agency partner, we’re committed to supporting our clients’ goals and actualizing their missions.
It means we try to live by our values – Curiosity, Inclusion, Empathy, Innovation, Integrity, and Excellence. And we hold ourselves accountable and work with our clients and our staff in a way that illustrates those values every day. We expect you to Ask Better Questions™ and bring the entrepreneurial spirit to your work.
Culture is the character and personality of our organization; we practice internally what we say externally. This is what makes our business unique and why you’ll want to work with us. The sum of our values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors, and attitudes is what we bring with us to work – your work – every day.
What we’re looking for:
Proof Strategies is looking for a part-time fellow, who lives in the U.S., to join our team to assist with multiple clean energy and sustainability clients. Proof Strategies’ fellowship program provides hands-on, real-world experience working in PR, communications, and marketing.
Our small and collaborative team is looking for a highly motivated university student or recent graduate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for clean energy and sustainability. The candidate must have a strong desire to learn about media relations, stakeholder engagement, and digital marketing. High-performing Proof Strategies fellows have gone on to be hired for entry-level work.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn about PR and able to commit to between 15 and 20 hours a week, with a preference for candidates available earlier in the morning (8:00 – 10:30 AM ET) and later in the afternoon or early evening (~ 3:30 – 5:00 PM ET). This position is entirely remote, and students graduating in Spring/Summer 2024 are highly encouraged to apply.
- Compile daily news clips and perform media monitoring for clean energy clients.
- Initiate reorganization of internal Google drives and folders.
- Assist with administrative tasks such as providing team support, managing projects, scheduling meetings, producing transcripts, maintaining, and uploading client documents, and occasional meeting support.
- Draft owned media such as blogs, social media posts, and communications materials.
- Assist with media relations, including pitching and compiling media lists
- Draft media briefing books and conduct background research for client interviews.
- Maintain positive brand sentiment for clients with community management and social channel monitoring.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of PR and marketing communications programs for a variety of clients across sectors.
- Coordinate with graphic design partners to deliver client visuals, social media graphics, and other creative content.
Who you are:
- Educated. Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, journalism, communications, digital studies, or a related field.
- A can-do attitude and proven ability to “get the job done.”
- Articulate. Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate points of view succinctly, thoroughly, and persuasively.
- Innovative. Creative and strategic thinker.
- Inquisitive. Oral communication is a highly valued asset; we encourage all our team members to Ask Better Questions™ and possess a desire to improve outcomes for our clients.
- Friendly. We like to work with people we genuinely like and get along with.
What you’ll get (besides a paycheck!)
- Compensation. Proof Strategies compensates all fellows at Washington, D.C.’s minimum wage of $17.00/hour.
- Career development. The fellowship will provide you with a formative experience to develop your PR and marketing skills.
- Networking. Proof Strategies periodically sponsors and attends events that will introduce you to new people within the industry.
- Flexibility. Proof Strategies U.S. has a hybrid work environment with most of the work being remote and periodic in-person working days. While this position is fully remote, if the candidate is based in the Washington, D.C., or Boston, MA metropolitan areas, there will be in-person work opportunities. Preference will be given to candidates that live in these regions.
We will require staff to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19.
Proof Strategies provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.