Senior Consultant – Corporate & Financial
We’re looking for a motivated, curious and enthusiastic communications professional to join our team in Toronto as a Senior Consultant. In addition to robust experience with the development and implementation of strategic communications programs for top tier clients/brands, the successful candidate should also have a working knowledge of digital strategies in order to deliver truly integrated campaigns. The incumbent would be responsible for managing mid-sized accounts and provides day-to-day strategic advice and direction to clients in collaboration with senior support. Client work would be largely focused on Corporate Communications and Financial Services with the possibility of working across multiple sectors depending on agency growth.
- Manages accounts alone or in collaboration with a senior colleague (e.g., plays the role of account deputy on larger, more complex accounts)
- Anticipates key issues and needs of clients
- With senior support, develops integrated on-strategy account plans that involve earned, owned and paid media
- Stays on top of trends in digital communications to provide counsel to clients
- Leads account teams on mid-sized accounts (e.g., work allocation and delegation, determining roles and responsibilities, etc.) and ensures high-quality service
- Adept at developing, managing and tracking budgets (fees and expenses) for a variety of clients
- Supports issues management work through activities such as messaging, materials development, etc.
- Actively mentors and supervises direct reports and team members
- Supports new business development (e.g.: networking, proposal development etc.)
What you’ll get (besides a paycheque!):
- An award-winning workplace known for living The Golden Rule
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent in-office personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making
What you’ll bring:
People skills and desired personal attributes:
- Excellent team player – whether working in-office or remotely
- “Can do” attitude / professionalism
- Leadership skills
- Seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input
- Has strong self-awareness
- Treats colleagues well and in keeping with how he or she would like to be treated
- Sustains a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- Takes initiative to showcase team success
- Strategic media relations (e.g., able to produce excellent results and secure strategic placements)
- Excellent writing/editing/proofing skills
- Strategic social media thinking and skills (e.g., online listening and analysis, content development, engagement, etc.)
- Strong content strategy development skills including paid digital and social content
- Firm grasp of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google, Search Engine Optimization, etc.)
- Knowledge of b2b communications considered an asset
- Knowledge of stakeholder engagement considered an asset
- Working knowledge of internal communications an asset
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks and clients
- Ability to manage time and deadlines appropriately
- 5-7 years public relations experience
- Additional languages considered an asset
- Knowledge of emerging industry trends
This is a work-from-home position until our Toronto office re-opens.
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know. No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.