Senior Consultant, Government Relations
Proof is looking for an energetic professional to join our Government Relations team as our newest Senior Consultant.
The successful candidate will report to the Vice President of Government Relations and will also work closely with our government relations and public affairs teams. This position will be based in Toronto with a focus on Queens Park. This person will be responsible for adding value to current and new clients that require government relations counsel and support, in alignment with the agency’s innovative, strategy-first approach. We only hire team players and look for strategic thinkers who want to become trusted advisors to our clients.
Proof’s integrated approach to government relations, communications and public affairs approach brings together talent from across the agency to deliver modern, integrated solutions to client needs. Challenges don’t fit into neat boxes, so our nimble approach produces tailored solutions for every occasion, ranging from digital advocacy, public opinion research, government relations, advertising, message development and more. We measure everything.
The candidate will support the firm’s integrated practices and offices, while contributing to strategic counsel to clients, organic and new business growth. This role requires an energetic, highly collaborative self-starter who ideally brings a combination of agency and government experience.
- Developing and executing government relations, advocacy, and strategic communications programs for clients.
- Working collaboratively with leaders and colleagues to serve clients.
- Preparing written materials for clients, such as briefing notes, speeches, budget submissions, and social media posts.
- Conducting detailed research on a wide variety of subjects, including public policy matters, political events, and media coverage.
- Assisting in organizing, producing, and managing client event programs, including delivering on-site support.
- Supporting new business growth by contributing to new business ideas, pitches, and presentations, and by helping coordinate responses to RFPs for GR services.
- Creating and stewarding relationships with key stakeholders (includes networking and attending firm-related and external functions)
- Ensuring that exceptional client service, counsel, on-strategy results, and value are delivered at all times.
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, preferably a combination of previous work in an agency environment, and in government (such as an MPP’s office, Minister’s office, the public service, or similar role).
- Ability to develop relationships with legislators and their staff, public servants, the media, and stakeholders.
- A developed ability to actively listen, ask better questions and provide strategic advice.
- Education in communications, politics, journalism, or a related field is considered an asset.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
What We Offer
Proof Strategies is an award-winning Great Places to Work® workplace overall and for women, inclusivity, youth, and mental health and one known for living The Platinum Rule: to treat others as they would wish to be treated. As a Canadian, independent owned company, we make decisions locally based on what is best for our employees and clients. We offer:
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and innovative thinking.
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One.
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent in-office personal and professional development events.
- An annual Nature Day, away from work to spend time enjoying nature.
- An annual Volunteer Day to spend supporting a charity of your choice.
- Milestone anniversaries trip rewards for full-time employees at the 3, 5, 8, 10, 15, 20- and 25-year mark (because yes, people stay with us this long).
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s.
Proof is dedicated to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Please let us know if you require any accommodation during the recruitment process.
No phone inquiries, please. Only candidates selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.