Senior Consultant – Health & Wellness
Proof Strategies is looking for a motivated, curious, and enthusiastic communications professional to join and grow with our Health & Wellness practice in Toronto as a Senior Consultant. The ideal candidate has strong public relations and marketing communications experience, preferably in an agency environment, and has expertise in pharmaceutical and consumer health environments, with a general understanding of patient and stakeholder relations and the Canadian healthcare landscape/regulations. A Proof Senior Consultant leads and manages mid-sized accounts and provides day-to-day strategic advice and direction to clients with senior support. They are driven, collaborative and take initiative.
- Plan development, implementation, and account management including managing and tracking budgets
- Has an ability to develop creative non-traditional, integrated programs while keeping client business objectives in mind
- Leads account teams on mid-sized accounts along or in collaboration with a senior colleague (e.g., work allocation and delegation, determining roles and responsibilities, etc.) and delivers quality service
- Understands client’s business and competitive landscape
- Anticipates key issues and needs of clients; in partnership with senior support, provides counsel to client
- Supports issues management work through activities such as messaging, materials development, etc.
- Develops measurable goals for each campaign, generates on-strategy results, the measurement of these results, and analysis on how best to move forward
- Builds and fosters relationships with key partners including clients, influencers, media, and stakeholders
- Ensures senior management has an understanding of client satisfaction on an ongoing basis
- Identifies new and organic growth opportunities as part of the practice’s broader new business strategy
- Contributes to the firm’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
What You’ll Get (Beyond a Paycheque!):
- An award-winning workplace known for living The Golden Rule
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making
What You’ll Bring:
People skills and desired attributes:
- An empathetic, team player who contributes to a collaborative work environment through enthusiasm, support and open communication
- A developed ability to communicate clearly, actively listen, ask better questions and provide strategic counsel
- Proactive, self-motivated, and accountable
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a multitude of tasks and clients and manage time and deadlines appropriately
- Seeks feedback and responds well to constructive input
- Committed to the growth and success of themselves and others
- Self-aware, open-minded, and solution-oriented
- Demonstrates good judgment for clients’ and Proof Strategies’ businesses
- Strategic thinking applied to all activities
- Experience in earned, owned and paid approaches to communications and marketing
- Strategic social media thinking and skills (e.g., online listening and analysis, content development, engagement, etc.)
- Excellent writing/editing/proofing skills for a variety of assignments from clinical trial news releases to creative media pitches
- Solid proposal development and presentation skills
- Experience “managing up” to higher levels within the organization
- Clear understanding of ASC and PAAB guidelines
- College or university degree or equivalent
- Post-secondary courses in public relations or a related field
- 5-8 years public relations experience (agency environment)
- Knowledge of health care industry trends and current affairs
- Problem solver / resourceful
- English-French bilingual preferred but not required
At Proof Strategies, we believe that delivering exceptional work, building trust and having fun is the best path to a successful communications and marketing agency. Over two decades of continuous annual growth has proven that philosophy.
Proof Strategies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.