Senior Director, Digital
Born from earned, Proof Strategies is on a mission to modernize how brands influence perception and drive action; by earning audience’s attention, and hearts, through exceptionally well-crafted experiences.
Key to our future success will be hiring a Senior Director, Digital to lead and grow our digital capabilities and offering. The successful candidate will collaborate with our strategy, creative, and account services teams across Proof Strategies in Canada and in the U.S. on innovative ways to connect with and engage our clients’ audiences across digital channels and platforms.
The Senior Director, Digital will lead the planning and delivery of paid media and performance marketing, digital product design and experiences, content delivery and social media management. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to build and grow a team, within an established and successful agency.
Proof Strategies is Canada’s leading independent PR and communications agency. What sets us apart is our audience-first philosophy (we know Canadians best), our accountability to results, and our expertise in communications consulting and exceptional delivery.
We lead with smart thinking, not ego. Our people are curious, diverse thinkers and collaborators. We are driven to ask better questions of ourselves and our clients because they lead to better solutions and outcomes.
- Entrepreneurial and creative: Always leading the industry with innovation and excellence
- Respectful: With each other and to our partners and clients
- Inclusive: Proof offers an open and inclusive workplace where everyone can feel safe, comfortable, and express themselves
- Driven and responsive: Never complacent, always exceeding expectations, and committed to great service
- Collaborative and fun: Our greatest successes come when everyone works together
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
The role in a nutshell
We are seeking a creative and innovative thinker who can be effective at working both independently and collaboratively. You understand how audiences connect on digital channels and devices, and the opportunities for brands to deliver their message to the right audience, at the right time, and on the right channel.
In this role, you will help determine the most effective method of reaching and engaging our clients’ audiences and build trust through content delivered across channels in meaningful and measurable ways.
- Leads the planning and delivery of digital campaigns and programs, based on audience-first and strategy-led approach
- Manages and grows a team of dedicated specialists to deliver digital paid media, digital product design and development, and performance marketing with a focus on profitability
- Educates and mentors Proof team members across the agency to increase our collective digital IQ with the aim of offering the right solutions based on client needs
- Builds capabilities related to digital content deployment across channels for immersive experiences
- Supports new business opportunities and helps to wins business with current clients and prospects
- Provides senior-level counsel to clients and hands on support to priority accounts and clients to add value and expand mandates
- Recommends innovative and creative solutions to customer targeting, marketing integration, channel delivery
- Identifies process enhancements for greater agility, efficiency, and for consistently quality work
- Operates as a coach and a player who leads, manages, contributes to, and ultimately owns the end-product of key deliverables. Creates a healthy, positive, engaged, collaborative team culture and leads by example
- Participates in agency thought leadership and marketing promotion
What you bring to the table
We want a forward-thinking, proactive leader who is committed to delivering exceptional digital experiences that earn attention.
- You are an independent and collaborative leader who can do the work and inspire teams
- You understand how the integration of digital marketing and PR and Communications is a strategic advantage to marketing and communication professionals
- You bring new digital thinking, ideas, and approaches to our traditional work in the areas of influencer relations and social media
- You have progressive knowledge and curiosity of digital platforms and engagement. Proof’s opportunity is to deliver authentically well-crafted experiences in digital and social media
- You are a subject matter expert on digital channel strategy and content, social media and paid media, SEM and SEO
- You respect the role of strategy and understand how to collaborate well and build off strategy or creative insights to sell through digital delivery as part of integrated ideas
- You have a POV on the future of modern communications
- You have a bias for action
- You are a diplomatic team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team trust
- Asks better questions, and actively listens
- Highly collaborative. This role will support the entire agency, including PR, strategy, creative, marketing teams
- Mentorship: As the digital team will be growing, we need to develop our people in positive ways, while building their skills and creating opportunities to grow. This can include mentoring Proof colleagues in other practice groups
- Empathetic: in how you approach problem solving, working with colleagues and clients
- Solutions-oriented: you like identifying solutions to challenges
- 8 + years of years digital, content marketing and social media experience, ideally inside a PR or communications agency
- Evidence of planning abilities across digital channels and campaign development that generate measurable ROI (e.g., relevant work)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior client facing presentation skills
- Excellent management skills and strong leadership potential
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- An award-winning, inclusive workplace known for living The Platinum Rule: to treat others as they would wish to be treated
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery, and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making
No phone inquiries, please. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Proof Strategies.