Senior Director, Strategy
Born from earned, Proof Strategies is on a mission to modernize how brands influence perception and drive action; by earning audience’s attention, and hearts, through exceptionally well-crafted experiences.
A key to our future success will be hiring a Senior Director, Strategy who will be the trusted voice to C-Suite and marketers on how to unify their marketing and communications. The Senior Director, Strategy will leverage data, technology, and research to uncover audience truths within current culture, authentically connect the dots with our clients’ brand promise, and provide strategic consistency to achieve their goals. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit that wants to build and grow a team, within and established and successful agency.
This role will be supported by the SVP, Head of Strategy, but it requires someone that can work independently and lead planning.
Proof Strategies is Canada’s leading independent PR and communications agency. What sets us apart is our audience-first philosophy (we know Canadians best), our accountability to results, and our expertise in communications consulting and exceptional delivery.
We lead with smart thinking, not ego. Our people are curious, diverse thinkers and collaborators. We are driven to ask better questions of ourselves and our clients because they lead to better solutions and outcomes.
- Entrepreneurial and creative: Always leading the industry with innovation and excellence
- Respectful: With each other and to our partners and clients
- Inclusive: Proof offers an open and inclusive workplace where everyone can feel safe, comfortable, and express themselves
- Driven and responsive: Never complacent, always exceeding expectations, and committed to great service
- Collaborative and fun: Our greatest successes come when everyone works together
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us
The role in a nutshell
- Deliver creative briefs, rooted in an audience insight, to guide creative and integrated teams in delivery
- Ensure strategic consistency in delivery
- Lead primary and secondary research audience research. Depending on the requirement this can include independent research or engaging and guiding research partners
- Leverage strategic frameworks to communicate strategies to our clients and integrated teams
- Support the evolution of our integrated planning approach, and advocate for its adoption and growth for the agency
- Manage the strategic planning process, with supporting resources, to ensure we deliver on time and on scope
- Ensure quality of deliverables and implementation of work, profitably
- Participates in client presentations to sell through ideas and strategies
- Participates in new business efforts, especially as this group is focused on growth
- Works on internal assignments to support Proof’s marketing efforts
- Professionally represent the agency in interaction with clients, staff, outside vendors and other contacts.
- Reports to the SVP, Head of Strategy
What you bring to the table
We want a forward-thinking leader that is committed to delivering exceptional experiences that earns attention.
- You are an independent leader who can do the work and inspire teams
- You understand how the integration of marketing and PR and Communications is a strategic advantage to marketers
- Demonstrated ability in deliver strategy that shifts perception and behaviour
- Understands how to deliver a strategic plan to guide consistent delivery across Proof’s capabilities in digital, social media, performance marketing, XM, media relations, influencer relations, government relations, public affairs, and internal communications
- Progressive knowledge of digital platforms and engagement. Proof’s opportunity is to deliver authentically well-crafted experiences in digital and social media
- Ability to solve problems for our audiences and our client’s business, through research, insight identification and identifying business opportunities
- Asks better questions, and actively listens
- Highly collaborative. This role will support the entire agency, including PR, communications and marketing mandates.
- Mentorship: As the strategy team will be growing, we need to develop our people in positive ways, while building their skills and creating opportunities to grow. This can include mentoring Proof colleagues in other practice groups.
- Empathetic: in how you approach problem solving, working with colleagues and clients.
- 5-8+ years of experience
- Evidence of strategic, and integrated, planning ability/talent (e.g. relevant work)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent management skills and strong leadership potential
Bonus if you have
- Experience in integrated planning, and PR and Communications, with an understanding of the value of different communication touch points (digital, XM, social media, performance marketing, to name a few)
- Experience defining thought leadership, brand, and executive narratives, and understanding the value of PR to meet client objectives
- Facilitation experience to lead ideation or alignment sessions with clients and internal teams
- Experience in complex sectors. For instance, Pharma, regulatory environments, corporate clients
- Experience in customer / patient journey mapping to identify moments that matter
- English and French are an asset
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- An award-winning, inclusive workplace known for living The Platinum Rule
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and innovative thinking
- Comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal and professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making