Proof Strategies is on a mission to transform how brands inspire and influence hearts and minds; by earning audience’s attention, and trust, through compelling work that cuts through the noise.
We can’t do this without a curious and creative Strategist to ground our work in insight and connect our clients to culture in a way that is both authentic and impactful. A key member of our rapidly growing Unified Marketing Communications team, this is a unique opportunity to put your skills and passion towards something new and exciting within an established communications agency. Sound interesting? Read on!
Our intention for this role: A foundational contributor to an evolving, strategy-led approach that will transform and unify marketing & communications.
Reporting into and supported by the Head of Strategy, you will:
- Support the agency in delivering breakthrough work that earns attention
- In partnership with the Head of Strategy, champion the discipline across the agency and with Integrated Agency Teams
- Advocate for “Audience-First” thinking by analyzing client briefs, questioning and reformulating as needed
- Unleash creativity with inspiring briefs grounded in killer insights
- Collaborate seamlessly in the creative process and support the team’s ideation to maximize the impact and scale of the idea
- Foster harmony in the work by keeping focus on the brief across agency disciplines, practice groups and IAT partners
- Bookend our work by collaborating with our Insights, Intelligence and measurement teams on primary research as well as ensuring KPIs are aligned with business goals
- Lead a team on qualitative research to inform and inspire the strategic insights and resulting creative work – and you’re ok to take the lead on this yourself when needed
- Collaborate with our digital team, to develop comprehensive connections plans to connect with audiences where their attention is today
- Lead internal and client-facing workshops
- Ensure quality of deliverables and implementation of work, profitably
- Participates in client presentations to sell through ideas and strategies
- Participates in new business efforts, especially as this group is focused on growth
- Works on internal assignments to support Proof’s marketing efforts, as required
- Professionally represent the agency in interaction with clients, staff, outside vendors and other contacts.
What You’ll Bring:
- You can distil big, convoluted and complex information into concise and compelling synopses – basically, you know how to make sense of the mess
- You can tap into your head and your heart taking research intelligence and interpreting it through an empathetic lens
- You’re a natural storyteller that can evoke emotion with your work
- You’re articulate and able to provide meaningful and actionable direction and feedback
- The ability to communicate fluently across marketing disciplines (PR, Marketing, Digital, Paid, Social)
- A voracious curiosity about the world with a passion for unearthing what’s new and next
- A comfort level, even excitement, for exploring the unfamiliar and trying the untried
- You’re an accomplished juggler able to manage multiple projects and different accounts while keeping all the balls in the air and delivering on time and with excellence
- You are a good human and people love working with you
- You live and breathe collaboration, working with others to make the work better
- You have killer confidence that is balanced with humility and tact
- You understand the ways of working vary from person to person; client to client; and have the empathy skills to nuance your approach
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 – 5+ years of experience
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates keen insight and creative strategy
- Proven effectiveness of work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in marketing & communications and integrated agency teams.
- Experience in complex sectors. For instance, Pharma, Technology, Finance
- A solid understanding of the earned/PR space and the value it brings clients’ businesses
- English and French are an asset.
What We Offer:
- The chance to contribute and grow with a rapidly evolving team looking to push limits and foster positive change
- A forward-thinking culture that expects and rewards curiosity, bravery and new thinking
- An award-winning, inclusive workplace known for living The Platinum Rule
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits from Day One
- Subsidized continuing education and frequent personal & professional development events
- Generous vacation time as well as office closures between Christmas and New Year’s
- Canadian, independent ownership that provides flexibility and local decision-making
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please reach out to us.