Trust matters. Without trust, even the best marketing and communications plans can be undermined. There is a large and growing body of peer-reviewed research from the world’s top business schools that reveals that among High Trust Organizations:
- Employee retention is higher
- Collaboration is more effective
- Customer loyalty is stronger
- Government and stakeholder relations are improved
Hoping For Trust Is Not A Strategy
Trust is not won or lost by luck, and hope is not a strategy. Trust can be understood, measured, built and protected through specialized research and planning.
These are not easy days for trust. False information is generated deliberately and spread widely. Social media spreads problems further and faster. Disruption is a constant threat to trust caused by economic or health crises, mergers, technological changes or other events.
Why Be Deliberate About Trust
Any corporation, government or organization operates within the context of society. Trust is local and market-specific. Leaders must keep pace as values, cultures, demographics, and expectations change. Building trust is a key leadership competency. Trust research shows that industry leaders and brand stars always lead their industry for trust. It’s a criterion for success.
Let’s Talk About Trust
Proof Strategies can help. With almost ten years of experience studying trust and shifting public attitudes, we can help you develop your game plan for trust. Trust is strategic, tangible, measurable and actionable.
There are no off-the-shelf, turn-key solutions to trust. Proof Strategies offers customized research and plans tailored to the circumstances. We know that the trust held within an organization is unique to that organization alone.
Our formula and approach include:
- Trust audits and analysis of internal values and current practices
- Employee research and benchmarking against our national standards
- Client or stakeholder analysis and mapping
- Audience analysis of their drivers of trust
- Implementing a trust-repair strategy
- Manager training (trust is a team sport!)
- Trust literacy workshops
- Trust-building communications strategies
Contact us if you are interested in discussing understanding, measuring and building trust with your audiences.